Once you register at Conestoga for an OntarioLearn course, you can expect to receive an email 1-2 weeks prior to the course start date outlining important details on how to successfully navigate your course.
Important notes to remember
- Student accounts will be activated for the start date of your course; you cannot start the course until the official start date.
- If you register within one week of the course start date please be aware that it may take 48 - 72 hours for your account to be activated after your registration is processed.
- Although your instructor may be from another college, you are registered at Conestoga College and must abide by our Academic Policies. Please contact Conestoga for any issues or concerns other than the course content that only the instructor can answer.
- Keep a copy of course materials that you submit on the course site, as well as a copy of the course outline/syllabus and grades. You may need it for future reference if you wish to appeal your grade or need to transfer the course credit.
Before your course start date:
- Purchase required textbooks or materials. We recommend that the purchasing of course resources does not happen until 1-2 weeks prior as there may be revisions up until that time.
- Email is the primary way the college and your facilitator will interact with you. It is important that your email in your Conestoga Portal and your OntarioLearn Portal profile are correct.
- If you plan to complete your course on your workplace computer, check with your IT department as some companies will have a firewall in place to prevent downloads. If you encounter any technical difficulties accessing your course after the start date, please contact
OntarioLearn Technical Support.
Want a tutorial on how to navigate the various learning management platforms our courses are facilitated with? Please use the following links:
Note: Effective January 1, 2020, access to the D2L/Brightspace site will no longer be possible using any version of Internet Explorer. Microsoft Edge is still compatible.
- Conestoga College’s bookstore only carries some of the OntarioLearn resources. Please refer to the
OntarioLearn Course Details page and select your course from the alphabetical list. Required textbook(s) or materials will be listed. We suggest you do not purchase your textbook(s) until approximately two weeks prior to the course start date as textbook(s) may change.
- All textbooks are an additional expense unless otherwise stated.
- Please refer to the “Textbook Instructions” on the course details page to confirm purchasing source.
In-person exams for OntarioLearn courses have been suspended and replaced with either an unsupervised, online exam or an alternate assignment.
It can take up to four weeks for final grades to be available after the course end date.
Final grades are found in the Conestoga
Student Portal. Your student number is required for log-in.
For assistance accessing the Conestoga Student Portal, please contact the Information Centre at 519-748-5220, ext. 3656.
- The refund deadline is 14 calendar days after the course start date. NO REFUNDS will be issued after this date.
- Students can drop a course using the Conestoga Student Portal and/or submitting an email to
- Check the
Student Portal for the deadline to drop the course without academic penalty if you are unable to complete the course after the refund deadline.
If a course is cancelled by the college, prior to the start of the course, students will be notified by the Registrar's Office and a full refund will be issued.
For policy details, please see Program and Course Withdrawal and Refund Procedure.